Thursday, September 27, 2012

Great Calorie Cutter

     From: The Health Plus Newsletter
          Just as music and lighting can influence what shoppers
buy, toning down the tunes and dimming the lights in a fast food
restaurant can help diners enjoy their meal more and eat less,
according to a U.S. study.
         After transforming part of a fast food restaurant in
Illinois with milder music and lighting,researchers found that
customers ate 18% fewer calories than other people in the un-
modified part of the restaurant. "When we softened the lights
and softened the music in the restaurant it didn't change what
people ordered,but what it did was lead them to eat less and made
them more satisfied and happier," said Brian Wansink, a professor
of marketing and consumer behavior at Cornell University in
New York.

6 comments:

  1. Hisdaughter:
    this is so interesting! I don't need to lose
    weight but I know several people who are desperate
    to do so. Thank you so much for this site and all
    that you give us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so welcome! plz check back often I plan on posting
      a lot more on health and weight loss soon.

      Delete
  2. Hisdaughter-
    Oh my gosh now I have heard it all lol! I have heard
    about color affecting how we eat, and mood, and so on, but
    this is not only interesting and cool but very helpful as
    well thank you thank you thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is interesting isn't it? I am always on the look out
      for things like things like this (;

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. you are so welcome it is important to me that I post things
      that you and all our friends on this site are interested in.

      Delete