Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Tips it time to let go of your adult child...



     1. The teen/young adult, is showing signs of maturity and being responsible
     2. Can be trusted to make good choices when given new freedom
     3. Responsibly independent
     4. self-reliant
     5. seems to be flourishing in his/her own life
     6. Accepts responsibility for wrong choices
     7. Understands that actions have consequences


...This is when it is time to cut the apron strings.
    Letting go is not easy for a parent but it is necessary
    in order for a young person to be successful in his or
    her own life.  

6 comments:

  1. Hisdaughter, is there any area that you are not experienced or savvy about! this is a short but fatastic article. It came in so handy and timely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gale:
      You are so sweet! I have a lot to learn, learning all the time, but I thank God for what I do know! my goal is to be an arrow to the Lord, and a hand to my brothers and sisters in Him!

      Delete
  2. I am so happy to see you addressing teen or young adult issues! I have a couple of them still at home and sometimes it can be really hard. Letting go is not easy for the parent, you are so right, but it can be very destructive to the teen or young adult if not handled properly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lacey:
      I am glad you like this post. I try to post on topics that are interesting and relevent to our lives today.
      I will be posting more like it soon.

      Delete
  3. I have to thank you with all my heart! I am raising my niece she is 18 and so naive to the ways of the world. Her sense of innocence scares me when she is "out" she trusts everyone and has no sense of danger. Please share more posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie:
      Ah, I am so glad it was helpful to you! Yes some of the issues concerning our teens now days can be so very difficult to address. Do you have children of your own?
      I will, I will post more like this soon!

      Delete