Thursday, May 07, 2015

Used Boats wanted!

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the idea of jumping out of the boat, or getting out of my comfort zone! It isn't an easy thing to do when I am safe and snug inside the "boat" to decide it's time to get out and swim! Every time I try, I start thinking about how cold the water might be, or perhaps about what poisonous fish might be lurking in the water, just waiting for me to put just one foot in and then bite my foot off! At the same time, I am wondering what wonderful adventures I am missing, or how many people I might meet in whose life I might be able to make a difference even in some small way! I believe the Lord is telling me it's time to step out, and step into my destiny, the destiny that He has planned for me, not the one that will surely befall me if I stay in this boat! I know it's too late in the book of time to just stick my toes in the water and say, "there, at least i tried," It's too late to just sit here and feel the warmth of the sun on my face, or the cool wind tousle my hair. No it is time for me, for you too if your still sitting in your snug little boat, time for all those of us who call ourselves children of God to get out and swim. There are souls out there in that vast ocean, souls who are drowning while they hang on to a little plastic life preserver that is rotting away from just floating and getting nowhere! I for one am ready to answer the Father's call, "who will go for me?" I know it won't be easy but it will be eternally worth it!  

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful and very timely message! I have been feeling this way a lot lately! you make some great points as usual! Thank you, great lifter of the soul here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done it again Hisdaughter! you have a way of pulling at one's heartstrings and making me think and feel, thank you, I needed this today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing is powerful, it is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece really made me think, it's time to just do it, before it's too late thank you so much for the wake up call

    ReplyDelete