Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Faith and our brain!

     I know we have all heard about the power of positive thinking and how it is related to
faith. What I find exciting is something that I read recently. In an article by Dr. Caroline Leaf she
states that,"scientific research is catching up to the word of God! Research has shown that our brains
are wired to believe that our future will be far better than our present and our past. Further, this has
been found to be the same in every race, region, and socioeconomic region. Basically, our natural
wiring is for positive faith. Optimism which is intertwined with faith resides in a combination of
structures in the brain. For example, Rostral anterior cingulated cortex boosts the flow of positive
emotions, and is very active as we imagine a positive future."
    I don't know about you but I say thank God that science is finally getting a "clue" about what
God has said all along. I am going to put my brain to work right away! As Hebrews 11;1 says-
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.."

5 comments:

  1. I have often wondered about the mind/body connection and whether or not it was possible
    that Abba just wired us that way? Now we find
    out that we are wired to have faith, it is pretty
    awesome, or should I say, He is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Col 1: 14-17
    14 It is through his Son that we have redemption — that is, our sins have been forgiven. 15 He is the visible image of the invisible God. He is supreme over all creation, 16 because in connection with him were created all things — in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, lordships, rulers or authorities — they have all been created through him and for him. 17 He existed before all things, and he holds everything together.

    Now I'd say that is all inclusive lest we have any doubts about who created us and by His Word brought us into existence. We continue to exist by His will. Yes, I agree that it is so incredible that it is beyond the scope of our full understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah and Gloria, I'm with you! Let them keep trying to disprove
    God as creator it seems the more they try to disprove Him the
    more evidence they find to shut them up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daughter, have you ever wondered how it is that some people
    seem to be born to do great things and some people long to do
    great things, say perhaps to help others, but no matter how
    they try they can never achieve anything big? I know that is
    a loaded question but I don't have anyone in my life to whom
    I can go with questions that are of eternal importance to me so
    hope you dont mind I have elected you!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah;
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, I can only
    say that anything that a person does in the name of
    the Lord, anything that helps someone else is never
    ever too small! The Bible says that any good in us
    doesn't come from us but from the Lord, thus if we
    are moved to do something good, or something that will
    help someone else then we are doing the will of God!
    Further if we are doing what He has asked us to do then
    we will please Him. I hope that makes sense an helps.

    ReplyDelete