Friday, May 11, 2012

Keep Swimming Little Fish!

                                                             Keep Swimming little fish!

     I told a friend the other day that I was proud of myself because I can now fit into

pants that either I have never been able to wear, or couldn't wear for a long time due to

the most  hated "extra pounds". Like the great friend that she is she smiled and cheered

me on. All the rest of that day I felt a sort of  glow that made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

    That night as I stared at the ceiling trying to fall asleep a thought came to me like 

air in my face when opening the freezer door..  I wondered why it was that i was so happy that

I was able to wear those pants? Was I happy because it meant that I had lost a few pounds

and now I could count it a victory? Or, was I happy because I now felt that I was at last doing

what was expected of me?

    It was in answer to my own question that I realized that it was a little of both. All at

once that "warm fuzzy feeling" that had made me so happy all that day disappeared like a

puff of smoke into the realization that I was really happy because I had at last been able to

do something, how ever small, that would make me look a little more like what others say 

I should look . I didn't like that at all. It was at that moment that I realized that I had been

living under the "glass half empty" mentality instead of the "glass half full " mentality.

     I believe it is just that, the glass half empty mindset that keeps so many people feeling

insecure and unhappy. More importantly I believe that it is that same line of thinking that keeps

us from being all God wants us to be! I will go a step further and go out there on the skinny

unstable limb of a shaky dried up tree and say that I believe that thinking comes from the pit

of hell. I'm no expert but, I can say that from experience. No one can keep you down but yourself.

   It is when we believe what our Heavenly Father says about us and not what we believe

that we truly start to live. It is then and only then that we are truly able to rest in his more than

capable hands. So i for one rather swim in a half full  ocean than a half empty one. So I

have decided to keep swimming until I reach that golden shore with the Lord's help, and I hope you will too!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to lose weight for my health and because I know it honors God to take care of this temple he gave to me to live in on Planet Earth. That is what I believe but somehow I fell short of that. I'm a long way from fulfilling it. How did I end up getting fat again?! I thought it would never happen again. Aw...guess I'm not that good at resisting temptation as I thought. I don't like mirrors unless they make me look thinner or photos unless I can Photoshop them. LOL! I need to make them look like the me I think I should be. Ok....I'm working on this problem so I am honoring God not myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria,
    Believe me sister and friend I know what that feels like but
    way way down in the inter most part of myself. It is no about about
    anything you can do in and of yourself, instead it is about what God
    and you can do together! You remember the old saying,"I do my best
    God does the rest?" well I think we have it backwards, I see it as
    God does His best to help us, to strengthen us, and give us the victory. It is then up to us to do the rest. I am sure that is old
    news to you but if your like me it's nice to hear things that can
    make a difference in our live and even in the lives of others as many times as it takes for us to live by it with God's help.
    Your right, just the fact that you are so aware of it, and
    that you want to please the Lord, makes all the difference. Don't
    forget you are beautiful and unique in Father God's eyes he isn't finished with you yet, as He isn't finished with the rest of us.
    You will get there,see yourself as God sees you and the road there
    will be easier and so much sweeter. Victory is yours in Him!!

    ReplyDelete